Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Friday, June 4, 2010

Fraser Automotive - Salisbury, MA

I feel better than I have felt in years.

We are enjoying our walks along the boardwalk and I love seeing the boats in the water after a long winter.

It's wonderful to be able to walk completely without pain. I am anxious to start physical therapy at the Anna Jaques Hospital. Maybe in the next week or so I will get the OK. My wound is almost healed and that's what we're waiting for.

Everyone said it couldn't be done!! So to all you "nay sayers" - it can only be done by Nan.

I was determined to get rid of our two old rust bucket cars so I put ads on Craigslist and on Ebay.

We met up with two Nigerian brothers from Boston in the parking lot of CVS and exchanged cash and title for the Izuzu. I told my son Chris, I wouldn't know a fake 100 dollar bill if it bit me in the ass.

I was more than a little nervous about it but we got the cash and went immediately to the bank and deposited it.

Then we were left to figure out how to get rid of a 22 year old car. The Olds was in great shape and will probably go another 50,000 miles, but that's a chance I wasn't willing to take.

We found a wonderful store in Salisbury, MA called Fraser Automotive. What wonderful people. They agreed to take the Olds in trade and gave us a great price on a brand new car.

However, the brand new car is actually 14 years old. It's a 1996 Buick with 25,000 miles on it. It was always in a garage and looks like it was just driven out of the showroom. This car is gorgeous and should "do us out".

No comments:

Post a Comment