Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Concord, NH - New address - new life!

I never imagined I would move again and especially so soon. I was in Newburyport almost two years.

The end of February I got a letter from a senior complex in Concord, NH saying they had an opening. I had sent them a letter updating my address and phone number.
I was on the list for three years.

I missed my family so I decided to take it. My CLS was able to get into a gorgeous senior complex in Pennsylvania two days later. We had been on the list for three years there as well. He signs his lease today.

If you are over 65 and unsure of what lies ahead, take my advice and put your name into a few senior places. It takes a long time for your name to come up and it doesn't cost a dime to be on the list.

My apartment is just wonderful and Gator has adjusted well. The location is ideal as I am near all the good shopping stores, yet enough off the main road to have quiet at night.

This was the right decision for us at our age. We need to be near our families "just in case".

My children showed great fortitude in getting me moved - again - in a 26' U-Haul. Someone suggested we should have hired a mover to which I answered, "The Champagnes hire a mover? You can't be serious!"

I am still in the unpacking stage, but the apartment is looking good.

Another new adventure awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment