Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Countdown

Santa is getting ready for his big Christmas eve deliveries.

I can see my Jon peeking out the little windows by the front door of the old farmhouse and saying, "I can hear Santa Mom; he's up on the roof." What precious memories.

Among the favorites was Kelley calling from upstairs, "Uh, Mom - Dad, I think the tree fell over." Sure enough, there is was in a heap on the floor. Wonder how that happened?

This is my first year without a Christmas tree. Where would I put it? We have a small ceramic tree on the window sill and it's nice, but I sure miss my big tree.

I remember when Mam and Dad had a ceramic Christmas tree in their senior apartment and thinking, "I'll never do that, no way!"

My little grandkids must be hopping off the walls at this point. Sure wish I was there to see them Christmas morning.

I will be otherwise engaged and stay tuned for the update. It's a surprise.

We are off the deliver our cards up and down the halls.

Merry Christmas dear friends.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Nan! I love reading your blog!
    Best of luck to you in the next couple of days. I will be thinking of you! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete