Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last Day of Summer

Today will be a glorious last day.

Yesterday I got out my winter shoes - a sure sign that winter is looming in the horizon.

Tha fall fairs will start next week here in Massachusetts and we plan to attend. The Topsfield Fair is a big one and we have never been there.

I am reading a book called "The Joy of NOT Working". Every day I get up and don't have to rush out the door is a gift.

There's a thrift store in Salisbury, the next town to us. It's run by volunteers and the money provides food for all the food pantries in our area.

My plan is to volunteer since we benefit from all their hard work. What an interesting store. It should be fun.

My quilt is nearly finished and I have hopes of learning to use the long arm quilting machine recently discovered in Amesbury. You can rent it by the hour. I'll have to add the backing and the stuffing, have a little practise time and then go for it.

We have a troublesome neighbor who has a drinking problem. Everyone knows you can't reason with a drunk. What to do, to do. Mmmmmm.

Fall is my favorite season in spite of what lurks beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment