Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kimmel Reunion

December we went to New Jersey on the 18th to the Kimmel family reunion.

On the way, Marv took a detour through the Bronx. I know he wanted to see where he grew up and he was driving.

I'm sure we looked very out of place in our old Buick with two dogs in the back seat and our white faces.

Let's just say the Bronx is not what it used to be.

We continued down to 34th Street where we narrowly miss several taxi cabs. They were tooting at us and I'm sure - giving us the finger for driving down "their" street.

You have to remember, I'm from a little small town in New Brunswick. I think I kept saying I was going to have a heart attack.

We made it to our hotel in Princton, New Jersey and had a memorable evening with all the Kimmels at an Italian Restaurant.

Another party followed the next day at Robin and Richard Kimmel's house. Marv really enjoyed himself. I was a bit under the weather as I was coming down with the worst cold I've ever had.

We made it back home at 6:30 in the evening - in the dark - in the snow. Traffic had slowed to 30 mph, so we got off 495 in Haverhill and took all the back roads back to Newburyport. Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment