Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sumer in a nutshell

We have been wicked busy since the wedding.

We started moving out of my apartment in Concord and into our new condo in Concord.  Moving is not my favorite chore - you just have to keep you eye on the ball - the end result.

Bobby and I went on our honeymoon cruise - his 12th and my 1st.  We had a wonderful time and even managed to visit old friends and relatives in Halifax.  I loved having our breakfast served in the morning.  I could get used to that.

Continued moving in that God awful heat.  We have to leave Dukie, our cat, at the farm when we go to Concord, so our time is limited. 

Went to Calais/ St. Stephen for International Festival week and saw some old friends.  Visited our best man and family on the way to Calais and met the new fiancee.  Nice to have a wedding to look forward to. 

Back home for a few days and back to Concord for the countdown on the final move.   Our bedroom  furniture had been moved while we were on our way back to Maine with the dining room hutch.  We weren't sure how they fit the bedroom furniture and closet in, but everything fit just perfectly.  Allelujah!

Broom swept the apartment, locked the door and otta there.  We hired a cleaning lady for the heavy cleaning.  I just didn't have it in me.  The heat never let up. 

It was the hottest summer I remember so the swimming pool at the condo was a welcome relief.

My wonderful son-in-law came to the condo and put up cabinets, mirrors, shelves and whatever else needed to be attached to the walls.  I am so lucky my daughter married such a giving man.

We are back at the farm with a dazed look in our eyes.  We did it!!

The barn swallows left on the 22nd - the same day as last year.  We were so sad to see them go.  Thank you little swallows for keeping the farm free of mosquitos for the entire summer. 

Our replacements are out in the field, Canadian Geese.  There are about 150 of them.  They'll stick around for a couple of months before they head south.

The kids and grandkids are coming for the weekend and we have 20 lobsters on order.  Time to get into high gear and get this place in shape. 

I'm planning my quilting strategy for winter and have all my quilting supplies upstairs in Clara's old apartment.  What a perfect spot. 

We are so blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment