Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Gator Champagne Davis - 08/05/1999 - 02/12/2013 Faithful and Loyal to the End.

A week ago today I lost my best friend.  No one could ever love me as much as that dog did.  He never took his sweet eyes off me and followed me everywhere. 

When I was married last summer we were all out on the hill saying the words and I could hear Gator barking.  I almost said "Would someone let the dog out."  He would have just sat beside me quietly.  Somehow he got locked inside the house - probably when I went in to get changed.

I have shed lots of tears and am sure I will continue to do so for quite awhile. 

On a good note, my Bobby is free of cancer.  It was a long six months, lots of appointments, two surgeries and a lot of waiting around.  Thank goodness we have the condo in Concord.  Sure beats staying in a hotel. 

The farm is beautiful, even in winter.  We love the storms and don't imagine we'll go the Florida route just yet. 

Our neighbors in the cove will be coming back before you know it.  The Canadian geese have arrived.  It didn't seem like they were gone long, but maybe there were a few that never left.

Our son is having a destination wedding in Las Vegas.  We are going even though we aren't crazy about flying.  Some things you just gotta do.  

We have another wedding in Halifax this summer so we have a lot to look foward to.


Here is our favorite cardinal at the feeder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment