Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Winter Blahs

We had about six inches of snow yesterday. I'm sure everyone up north of us is happy with new snow on the trails.

Newburyport was a picture book driving to physical therapy. I have to remember to take my camera with me now that I found my battery charger. I am still finding lost things from the window installation fiasco.

We have a very mean neighbor who hates our dogs, hates us and hates herself. Life is too short. Susan, the manager and Marilyn, the owner will take care of her. She will find herself out in the snow if she doesn't knock it off.

I found an article I had saved written by a guy in California. He was a writer for the Los Angeles Times and got caught up in the recession. He was homeless for about seven years. He finally got into senior housing. Apparently they isn't much available in California and the waiting list is very long. It was a very touching story and had a lot to do with our decision to "move on".

I remind myself every day how lucky we are to have a roof over our heads and food on the table.

We are anxious for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment