Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Midnight Ride

It's 4:00 AM and I'm getting used to being up a good part of the night.

The news is on and in one hour, I'll make a pot of coffee and start the day.

I'm lucky to be able to walk without pain for most of the day. It's evening when the pain hits me. I knew this would be a long recovery and every day is a day behind me.

I dislike taking pain medication, but I couldn't get through this recovery without it.

The visiting nurse is coming today. I'll be calling the doctor to give him an update.

We are enjoying going to the church suppers and it's helped me a lot as I'm not up for cooking. Marv does the laundry and washes the dishes.

We take the dogs on a long river walk every day and I find that I don't have to stop on the benches and rest like I used to.

Gator and Snoopie have been very faithful and concerned and don't leave my side.

The tulips are in bloom and the boats are starting to go into the water along the Merrimack.

We usually go out every day even if it's just to the post office.

Almost time to make the coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment