Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dog Days

Glory be, this summer has been the hottest I can ever remember.

I turn off the AC's at night as I can't stand the noise. There is always a breeze here and it's 72 degrees this morning. It was 70 when I got up an hour ago.

The electric bill will be a shocker.

We helped at the Firehouse last night. They had a huge turn-out for a promotion for a product called "Juice +". Sounds like an Amway scheme to me. Hard to believe that folks still get sucked in thinking they're going to hit the big time.

My brother and sister-in-law are planning a visit in October. Horrah! I guess I have to "turn to" and get this place organized. Still too much stuff.

Remember Nan, one room at a time.

Had allergy testing yesterday and am happy I didn't react to anything. What a relief! I was particularly worried about mold.

We had a flood in the kitchen last week. The Nelsons upstairs over us left their facuet on in the kitchen and our kitchen was flooded. No telling what that water is doing up in the ceiling with this God awful heat.

There's a Chamber Music Festival this week at the library. Open rehearsal is from 10 to 1. What an opportunity. I particularly love the cello.

What a wonderful place to live with so much available at no expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment