Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Monday, January 23, 2012

The Cove

It's twenty-seven degrees this morning, a veritable heatwave.

Our neighbors down at the Cove have all gone south for the winter. Bobby is the house checker. He discovered someone's furnace off this morning and the circulators running steady. He got it going again. It was still 46 in the house, but risky if you haven't drained the pipes.

Our latest adventure involved Craigslist. I saw a Jenn-Aire stove that has a gas cooktop and an electric/convection oven. The old Jenn-Aire in the house has seen better days but we didn't want to spend 2500 on a new one.

Anyway, off to Augusta yesterday and we came home with the stove. I just fit in the Outback so we didn't take the truck.

I have been cleaning the grates and so on since 3:00 PM yesterday afternoon. I have never seen so much grease in my life, but it will be clean when we have the gas man come.

We have lost power four times and it would be nice to be able to cook something and make coffee on the gas stove. I saved an old drip coffee pot from the Merrimans and I imagine it works just fine.

Bobby is off to his morning coffee meeting with the guys.

I'll tackle the grill part of the stove this morning. For those of you who wouldn't attempt a cleaning job as bad as this - the only thing that works is a window scraper. Just keep digging and the grease will come off.

Three days till the Colonoscopy. Sure will be glad to have that behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment