Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sunny Winter Morning

Life at the farm is soothing and relaxing. I don't feel the sress I used to feel when I was working. I don't miss those years. I guess that's one of the benefits of growing older.

Yesterday we went to town and had fun buying gifts for the grandkids. We had a nice lunch at the Topsham Fair Restaurant.

We made chili when we got home. I made a mistake and bought ground pork instead of ground turkey which I have been using instead of hamburg. I couldn't figure out what "that taste" was as I kept sampling the chili and adding more chili powder.

I would suggest using the ground turkey as it blends better and is a healthier choice that the beef.

We got the new "old truck" registered and only had to put a muffler on it to get it inspected. It will come in handy this spring when Kelley and Jeff start their new house. We can't do a lot of heavy work, but we can be goffers.

The sun is streaming in every window here at the old farm house as it has for many years. Bobby showed me a paper where two of the early Merrimans are buried. I hope they're happy that we're taking good care of the farm.

The graves are down over the hill by the spring.

Walter Merriman - son of Walter Merriman Sr.
Born March 8th, 1766
Died August 15, 1855 Age 88 years

Isabel Alexander Merriman
Born October 10, 1774
Died November 11, 1829 Age 55 years

Bobby repaired the stones last spring. They had broken into three pieces. I guess the cows were always breaking them and then heavy wind blew them over.

I look forward to spring when we can inspect the gravestones and maybe plant some flowers and spiff the area up a bit.

If these walls could talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment