Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Project

I have two rooms upstairs to tackle. 

We got the old gas stove moved out of the kitchen yesterday.  It's down in the garage in case we need it for the big party in June. 

The kitchen looks like something out of a movie set.  I wonder what's under that old wallpaper.  Once I decide to look, the dye is cast.

Then there's Clara's room.  No one can figure out what to do with it because there's pink stenciling under the wallpaper from the 1700's. 

We already took her dresser out and put it in the new bedroom because it matched the new four poster bed.  It looks wonderful in there.

The top of the dresser touches the ceiling.  I have no idea how we got it in there but thank God it had feet on the bottom that we could take off. 

I went up with my coffee this morning to admire our hard work and noticed that the mirror reflects the water just perfectly.  What a plus!

We tried my laptop on the roll top desk and it works. The Wifi is in the room just below so it picks up the signal. 

Will have to bring all my poems and stories back from Concord so that I can formulate a plan on what to write about next. 

We are getting all kinds of offers from neighbors with extra bedrooms for our out-of-town guests.  The spots are filling up fast so let us know.

We are picking up a grill today that we saw on Craigslist.  Sounds like a corker as we say here in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment