Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Safety First

Every old farm has a dug well.

I noticed a wooden cover out by the barn and asked Bobby if it was a well.  It is!

Bobby couldn't get to Brunswick fast enough to get a cement cover when I told him about a little girl who fell in a well and died. 

Anyone who buys an old property should assume that if there was a house there at one time, there's a dug well close to where the house was. 

The tulips are coming up, the lilac tree out front is budding and there are signs of spring everywhere you look.

We are making progress on the upstairs and have created two new lovely bedrooms.  We want to have lots of room for our children and grandchildren to visit. 

I talked to an old high school friend this week and she reminded me I said I'd never get married again.  I never expected to meet "my one true love" at this point in my life.  I'm happy to eat those words. 

We inquired about a marriage license yesterday.  Time is whizzing by and the day will be here before you know it.

We rented a tent and a porta potty for the big day.  We also put feelers out for a bartender and a couple of kitchen ladies. 

It's very hard to have a "low key" event.  It seems to have a life of its own and I am trying hard to keep control.

We're hoping for a very casual camping weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment