Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Ahead

The coffee guys just called wondering where Bobby was.   We were up, but just barely.  It seems to take a few weeks to adjust to the time change.

Yesterday we finished up the double bedroom upstairs (Shubael's room).  We made up the bed with an eggcrate mattress on top and tried it out.  It's very comfortable and I can see why Shubael loved the little room overlooking the ocean for miles around.  You can see the water while you are in bed. 

Brother Phil will be the first guest in the little room, so we may have to rename it "Phil's room". 

We moved the sink from the bathroom into Phil's room to make more room in the bathroom.  Now you can sit down without hitting your head on the sink. 

Today we'll start pulling together the Queen's bedroom.  (that's me).  The most interesting piece still has to be moved.  There's an old rolltop desk that I'd love to have in that room.  It goes back to 1890 or so and reminds me of my Dad and his hardware store in St. Stephen - Mallory Bros.  He had a big old rolltop desk in his office.

I'm still looking for a queen headboard but no biggie if I don't find one. 

I should take pictures of the "before" and "after".  In the meantime, I'll load on  a couple of the "after".

No comments:

Post a Comment