Merriman Farm

Merriman Farm
8.75 Acres + House and Barn

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine

Davis Road, Harpswell, Maine
Summers on Harpswell Sound

Kell, Jon and Chris

Kell, Jon and Chris
The Kids

Perfect Touch

Perfect Touch
Merriman Quilt

Nan and Bobby at Cook's

Nan and Bobby at Cook's
Christmas - 2011

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Plum

The sky over Plum Island was a vivid pink when I got up this morning. It gradually turns to a light pink, then the big orange ball fills my living room with sun.

Gator and Snoopie, the sun worshipers, love sitting in the windows.

It's Sunday and we'll go to church. We may go to IC or we may try a different one.

We met some nice folks for lunch last week. I had no idea what to order, but don't order a salad. It takes too long to eat and it's too much munchy food.

From now on, if we go out, I'll go to a place that still serves breakfast and order two scrambled eggs. Easy to eat and covers the protein I need.

A friend from my class at the Lahey had her surgery. She is doing OK but you just don't know what it's like unless you go through it yourself. It's not easy, but it's doable. It takes about three weeks before you start to feel like your old self.

We went to the movie theater in Salisbury which is only ten minutes from here. We saw Avitar and hope you can all see it. It's quite spectacular.

We decided we'll go to the movies once a week. The matinee at 1:00 PM would work well for us. The 3:00 PM is a little late as we didn't get home until after 6:00 PM.

Every once in awhile I get the nibbles. Nan, the mouse, creeps into my brain and looks for things like nuts, chips, basically anything salty and crunchy.

I pretty much am able to resist by having a little yogurt and going to my closet to throw out more size 18 clothes. I am boxing them up to go to Andover.

I am hoping I can still eat celery but that's an iffy one with the Lapband.

I am planning for spring in March. When I was a kid, the most fun thing about spring was being able to play "glassies" again in the dirt. I still have the marbles that my kids had when they were little. The are antiques now.

I guess we'll have fish tonight. I should try to do something different to make the dish more interesting.

I'll be starting physical therapy this week, so that should be interesting. One of the residents broke my treadmill screwing around with it trying to get it to work. It doesn't work without the key. Marv will have to fix it, what a pain.

So far, not a bad winter. We've only had to move our cars a couple of times. A small price to pay compared to snowblowing two feet of snow.

We are visiting our friend Kim this week in Kennebunk. Sure hope the weather cooperates. Must call my old high school friend Dawne, who also lives in Kennebunk. It would be nice to see her too.

Cousin Pat has rented a cottage for our big reunion this summer in St. Stephen. We are all excited about seeing all our old friends. Apparently, the cottage looks just like the cottage from "On Golden Pond." Sounds really nice. It will be her 50th reunion and my 53rd.

"Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver, the other gold."

No comments:

Post a Comment